Books

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Sing Praises!


I wrote quite a few songs during the time I served in worship ministry in Texas, but I haven't written any since we left. I have been slowly going through the psalms every day, and I spent these past few days I reading Psalm 47. I found a song there.

As poetry that was originally written in Hebrew, the psalms don't usually hold such rhythm in English as I found in verses 6-7 --"Sing praises to God, sing praises; sing praises to our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise" (NIV).

I have certainly read these verses before, but this time they formed rhythm and melody in my head as I read them. What I "heard" was this song that is an invitation for all people to join in singing songs of praise to God.

This blog entry is really a song --- listen to the link below and join me in following the instructions given us in Psalm 47 and sing a song of praise to our God and King!

Sing Praises! (Psalm 47)

Chorus:
Sing praises to our God, sing praise!
Sing praises to our King, sing praise!
For our God is the King over all the earth
Oh, sing to Him a song of praise!

Verse 1:
Clap your hands, all you people
And shout to God with a joyous cry
Lift Him up, for He is worthy
How awesome is the Lord Most High
(Repeat Chorus)

Verse 2:
Our God reigns over every nation
He's seated on His holy throne
Every knee will bow before Him
The earth belongs to Him alone
(Repeat Chorus)

Bridge:
Lord, You are good; You are holy
You are righteous; You are just
You are mighty and full of mercy
You are worthy of all our praise
(Repeat Chorus)

(c) 2016 Sheri Tesar

No comments:

Post a Comment