Books

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Sharing a Great Treasure

We live in a very rich country. Many of us may struggle to pay our bills at times, but we are blessed to have a roof over our heads, clothes on our backs, and food on our plates every day. You may not think about it much, but we have another treasure here that is very rare in other parts of the world.

How many Bibles to do you have in your house? If you’re like me, you might have a study Bible that you use most of the time, a smaller one you can take with you, and maybe several others in different translations --we have NIV, NLT, ESV, HCSB, study Bibles, chronological bibles, archaeological Bibles, application Bibles, apologetics Bibles, children’s Bibles, etc. We can even go to websites like biblegateway.com and instantly read the Bible in 42 different translations –and that is just in English!

With so many to choose from, I tend to forget that having even one copy of the Scriptures in my hands so that I can read it any time I want to is a luxury. LifeWay Christians Stores are currently collecting Bibles to send to people in China who have never been able to own their own copy. Watch this video that talks about the desperate need for copies of the Word of God in China.

In the video, they speak about seeing the joy in the faces of the people when they hold their own copy of the Bible for the very first time. I am very thankful that I cannot remember the first time I held and read a Bible because I have always had one – or many of them. Please consider visiting a LifeWay store and purchasing one or more Bibles for only $5 each to be sent to someone in China who needs it. This is a great opportunity to bless people in China with their very own copy of God's Word.

Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path…Your laws are my treasure; they are my heart’s delight…I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure (Ps 119:105, 111, 162 NLT).

Let's work together to share this great treasure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment